Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 12 Blog Posting

Activity #2
In a blog posing write a reflection about your project design process by answering the following questions.

1. What: What is your project? How does it work? How did you come up with the idea?

My project was a game on homophones. In the game you were to read the sentence and move the sprite to the word that was the correct homophone. I knew I wanted to use homophones for my game because so many of my students have trouble with them (the biggest I think is there, their, and they're). I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted my game to go so I started searching other games and I found one that I really liked, but thought that I could add to it a little so I used it as my template.

2. So What: What was your process for developing the project? What was interesting, surprising, or challenging? Why? What did you learn?

I started out trying to do the whole thing by myself, but I could not get my sprites to do what I wanted them and my backgrounds or screens to change the way that I wanted them to. I found a template that I liked and it helped me to be able to add to the game and add more screens. I was able to use the commands to help me develop more to the game. I learned that one sprite might need many simple commands to have it do what you wanted to do.

3. Now What: What are you the most proud of about your project? What would your change? What do you want to create next? Why?
I loved that my daughter was able to "help" me. I used her voice for a few of the recordings. She thought it was fun to have her voice in the game. I wanted to try and put her in as a sprite, but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. I would like to create an easier game that includes her and that she could play. I would also love to be able to teach my own students how to make their own games one day. I think that it something that would not only teach them a lot but be something that they would enjoy.
Due Sunday April 15 (20 points)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you used daughter to help you with the game! Kids are the best test market for educational games!

    ReplyDelete