Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Image Capture

  1. Create a graphic from a screen grab.
  2. Edit your image using Paint. explore the selection tool, the eyedropper tools, the paintbrush tool.
  3. Create a post on your blog that describes: the program you used, the file properties of your graphic including file type or graphic format, the size, the method by which you acquired your graphic, and the the file type.
  4. Include at least ideas on how you may incorporate these types of images in the conduct of your class to improve student learning.


I was looking for coloring pages for my little sister and found a Tinkerbell coloring sheet and decided to edit the image. I saved the picture by right clicking on my mousepad and saved the image as a .gif file. The size of the image was 15.31 KB. I edited my image in paint and used the selection tool to move around some stars that were on the picture. I used the paint bucket to fill in some color on the background and Tinkerbell herself. I didn't go into and try and fix the spots, but know from previous experience that if you zoom in on the photo you can fix a lot of details and make it look very neat. I used the text option to put the words Tinkerbell and my name on the photo. I also began my image by cropping out the lower part of Tinkerbell's body.


I could use images and edit them to what I need in the classroom. For example if I had a really great photo, but maybe there was some objectional parts in the photo, I could edit out anything that I may not want to show. I could fix colors and add text to tell more of a story with the photo.


Students would also enjoy being able to play with a photo and make it their own. I think the paint program is and easy way to learn. I do have Photoshop on my computer, but have not really had a lot of time to work with it.



http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddwjzpmc_4krz6sthd

No comments:

Post a Comment