Monday, February 9, 2009

Dale's Cone of Experience



Dale's Cone of Experience starts from the top where the concepts like reading and listening are in the small part of the cone and are very limiting. The percentage of learning at the top of the cone is very low. As one reads down the cone and the person is actually participating in the action such as in participating in discussions and doing simulations, then the person is actually learning and experiencing more.

I think to an extent it is logical, but maybe not factual. I think it all depends on how an individual learns and can't be based on a whole group of people. We have been taught that our students all learn different ways whether they are auditory, visual, or kinesthetic learners. I personally am more of a visual and a kinesthetic learner. I would rather try to do things hand on then have someone try to tell me what to do because most of the time I just block out what they are saying and go and figure it out on my own.






1 comment:

  1. Might want to recheck your cone facts. The % are not original to Dale but an addition that is not based on Dale's original writings.

    ReplyDelete